Aaron had some meetings again in London, so when he told Miss V & I that he had to go, we decided to take advantage of another opportunity to travel to London so we came with him! When my mom heard we were going she asked if we wanted some company and we said "Why not?!" So my mom came too!
Last time V and I were in London, it was pouring rain, windy and cold. Well, this time we had the exact opposite weather and it was GORGEOUS out! Everyone told us we brought the Dubai weather with us!
We did a lot...went to Harrod's (I somehow managed to forget to go here last time...don't know how that was possible but I manage to surprise myself quite a bit!), Regent St, Carnaby St, Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, National Gallery Museum, saw Dirty Dancing in the West End, had a proper English tea, and went to Buckginham Palace! A lot to do in just 3 days!!!
We also managed to accidentally walk through the SEX district with my MOM! AHHH!!!! Aaron didn't look at her the entire time. I bet that place is BUMPIN' on a Friday night!!
A highlight (or should I say low-light) of the Westminster Abbey tour was that Veronica decided to have diarrhea in the middle of the church. There was NO WHERE to change her. I started panicking a bit, tried to change her on Chaucer's (famous poet) tomb, my mom freaked out, told me "no way" and I ended up sitting down on a chair and changing her in my lap. As soon as I opened that diaper, we literally "cleared house" and EVERYONE got up and got as far away from us as possible! I swear, I used to be cool...LOL :P
There is currently a charity fundraiser type thing going on in London for the African elephant. Everywhere you go, there are huge elephants that are painted in thousands of different ways by artists. My favorite was the leopard printed elephant, which I included a picture of! There were also little stores that sold the elephants so I bought one for us that is "around the world" themed...I thought it was pretty fitting for us.
We met up with our friend Conor (best man in our wedding) for dinner one night. He took us to a nice restaurant that had some really funky food. I had a great risotto though with goat cheese. Yummy!! Conor and Aaron stayed out later and Aaron stumbled into our room around 1:30am. Hah! Well he sure had a rough day the next day when he had to wake up and get on the plane! Sorry hunny, you can "throw 'em back" like you used to! Not to mention that on the plane, Veronica did a huge, massive poop that soaked through all her clothes and it was Aaron's turn to change the diaper. He returned to the seat a defeated man.
We stayed at the Sofitel St James which was overall pretty nice. There was one MAJOR bump in the road though...while Veronica was crawling on the ground I saw her trying to chew on something, took it out of her mouth and turns out it was a piece of broken glass. Let's just say I was talking to a manager shortly afterwards and leave it at that!
Overall...fabulous trip. I love London...What a great place! :)
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment