....is a whole lot of 'nothing'!
We've been having some lazy summer days here in Dubai (well, except Aaron, who has been working like a dog!). A few highlights to mention are redecorting Veronica's room and bathroom as well as our first trip to the *much* talked about Mirdif Mall.
Aaron finally hung the shelves in V's room that I have been begging him to do for about 4 months....what a difference! The room looks so much better now. I also redecorated her bathroom a bit, didn't buy anything, but just reused what we had and tried to make it look a little nicer! It came out really cute and I'm very pleased with it. Veronica is obviously, extremely excited. :P
We also went to the Mirdif Mall. Everyone in Dubai has been non-stop talking about how great it is. The Mirdif Mall has some American chains in it that is nowhere else in Dubai, including American Eagle and Pottery Barn Kids.
Now, this is the kicker...while we were home, Aaron went to 2 different American Eagles trying to find a pair of medium blue jeans in a size 36/32. He could not find them ANYWHERE. Well, they had them here and they were on sale for 100 AED (that's only $27)! Back home, they'd run about $40-50ish. Women's jeans were 65 AED ($16-18) and shirts were only 25AED! Believe it or not, I bought nothing! I just didn't need any of it and although the prices were tempting, I easily said "No"!
This is a huge contrast to PBK, which is easily 20% above prices back home!
The best part of this mall, in my opinion, was the fact that they had PF CHANGS!!!! I had actually heard about this at a birthday party we recently went to (see below) and I was so excited. PF Changs was one of my favorite restaurants back in Chicago. Aaron, Veronica and I decided to treat ourselves to a meal there and we couldn't get over how delicious the food was. We haven't been eating out at all (maybe twice a month) so something that used to be a 3-4 times a week thing for us has become a HUGE treat!
Below are pictures of Veronica's new and improved room, as well as our outing to Mirdif Mall, and a few others I threw in there because they were cute :)
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment