Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Going to the hospital...

On Monday, August 10th, I had my 41 week doctor visit at the American Hospital Clinic. My doctor, Dr. Josza, told me that I would have to be induced which was more than fine with me! I was beyond ready to have my baby girl. He asked me if I was available the next day, Tuesday at 7am!! I told him we absolutely were and to book us for the induction. I went out to the waiting room where Aaron was (who only ever missed 1 doctor appointment because he was in Canada) and told him we were getting induced at 7am the next morning! His eyes opened really wide and he was excited and in slight disbelief. We felt like we have waited forever for our baby and the day was finally here!

That night, we were like little kids on Christmas Eve. We were so excited and neither of us slept much at all. Fast forward to 5:45am...my phone rings. WTF?! I answered and it was a midwife from the hospital telling us that the induction was postponed because a bunch of women came in that night laboring and the floor was completely full. We were so bummed! She told us she would call back between 1 and 2pm to tell us when to come in. So we finally got some sleep and waited not so patiently for the phone call from the midwife.

She called around 1:20 telling us that the induction was postponed until the next morning at 7am. Aaron and I were so depressed and disappointed. We could not believe it! So we got through the day, watching the clock constantly.

The next morning, I woke up around 6am and was extremely happy to realize that we did not get another dreaded phone call! We got ready, quadruple checked that we had everything and took off for the hospital!

Well...almost. We didn't make it out of the parking garage before Aaron realized he forgot some electronic thing. So we had to park in some random spot and he ran back up to our apartment. I tried to take a picture of him as evidence that he was the one who forgot stuff and not me, but he was so fast because he knew what I was trying to do and the picture came out blurry.

Here is the stuff we brought to the hospital...I think the staff thought we were moving in! Hey, I had to bring all of my beauty products and about 20 different outfits for my baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment