Yesterday was our second "Bow Show" and the first time that I had product to sell as well! We are crafty "mums" and it's a fun little hobby and thing for us to do. We do our shows through an organization called "Arte" that concerns the arts within Dubai. I love it...lots of creative people getting together and it's great to see the products they make. Suzanne makes bows and korker bows (crazy, curly bows in all types of colors) and I made clip on flowers for your hair. I also brought headbands and hats that all the flowers, bows and korkers could clip onto.
We were in a new location this time and we agreed that not as many people were walking by our table. We did however, do very well and raked in some serious dirhams! Our display was GORGEOUS and we had so many people come up to us and tell us how pretty we and our merchandise was. I even had an Indian woman ask if she could have her picture taken with me! I heard of that happening with blonde kids, but not adults! I think it was the pink polka dot apron that really made us glow. Nothing like a good old self-confidence boost! ;)
Aaron & Veronica dropped us off initially and came in to check things out, take a few pictures and see what all the fuss was about! My friend Renee and her daugher Serena also stopped by to say hello and pick up some flowers. Suzanne's husband Jon and daughter Fayth also stopped by the check things out and finally Aaron's boss Shamim came with her daughter Zayneb.
There was a camera crew for a TV station called Dubai One that came around. They filmed us for about 3 minutes, asked us questions about our product and moved on. We'll have to tune in this Wednesday night and see if we "made the cut"!
I never considered myself to be crafty or creative but Suzanne has definitely brought out this side in me. Between the scrapbooking and now the flower clips, I feel like a "fancy mum"!
Unfortunately, I will not be able to be at the next 2 shows. It just so happens I will be in Italy during the next one and London during the one after. Suzanne however is going to bring my product and put it up for sale!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment