Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day....To Me!!!! :)

Yay!!! My FIRST EVER Mother's Day!!!! So exciting!

I've had an AWESOME day. We started off with my favorite Magnolia cupcakes for breakfast as well as some toast and sparkling pink lemonade. I got my first "gift" of the day before I got ready. A GHD straightening iron. If you don't know anything about straightening irons, GHD is the mercedes bens of these irons and a big deal. I've wanted one forever and I'm so excited that I finally have one! I got ready, flat ironed my hair and we went off to the mall for lunch. We ate at Macaroni Grill where we split some fried mozzarella and I had the Pasta Milano and Aaron had the lasagna. Veronica munched on everything...or so we thought. Turns out she was throwing the majority of the pieces I gave her onto the floor!

During lunch, Aaron and Veronica gave me my "big" gift...a Peridot and diamond ring. Peridot is Veronica's birthstone which is a fitting Mother's Day gift! I've actually had my eye on this ring for quite some time. I couldn't believe they got it for me! :)

After lunch we cruised around the mall for a bit, debated getting ice cream (we didn't, just in case you were wondering...way tooo full!) and came home! Veronica napped for a bit. Aaron and I hung out and then ordered out for dinner. Yep...eating out twice in the same day! We only eat out maybe twice a week! We ordered from a favorite restaurant of mine called The Noodle House and have already eaten the Wasabi Prawns. YUM!
The gifts and royal treatment are wonderful, but nothing can compare to being Veronica's mommy. I love her so much, words cannot describe. I feel like I waited a lifetime for her, and now that she's here, I truly try to savor every moment with her. Of course I have my times where I want to pull my hair out, but I would rather have that any day that not have her at all. I love my baby with all my heart and she's the true meaning of why we celebrate this special day!

Also, Happy Mothers' Day to both of our Moms, Grandma Aileen and Grandma Karen!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your first MOM's Day was wonderful!! You deserved it...and YES...Lil Miss V is the best gift of all. However; I'm lovin' the straight hair and the ring is gorgeous!!! YEAH for you.
    Happy Happy TODAY, real Mom's Day!! Love, me and Fayth too!!

    ReplyDelete