I stopped going back when I was pregnant for 2 reasons:
1. The mums and bumps were pretty segregated and mums did not talk to bumps and vice versa...which lead me to problem #2...
2. the only bumps that were there were all 40-45, pregnant for the first time with a donor egg and that's all they talked about. Well, that and their villas in Spain, homes in Tuscany, etc....I could not relate!!!
I was hoping that maybe the group had changed a bit and I may have a different experience and boy was I right! The group is much younger now, 20s and 30s, and very socialable and personable! It's so nice to have some friends with babies the same age as V...we are going thru the same stuff at the same time.
I've also gone to Safa Park each week the day after the Mums group. Safa Park is a BEAUTIFUL park in Dubai that is lush and green. We have a "potluck" picnic and just play with our babeis, talk and hang out.
So so so glad I went back to Mums and Bumps! Here's to giving everything a 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes even a 20th chance! :)
I've made a few friends and now go to Safa Park every week in addition to the Mums group!




No comments:
Post a Comment