I had heard about a great "afternoon tea" at the
Burj Al Arab...the world's only 7 star hotel! I crossed my fingers hoping to get a reservation so my mom and I could go, and luckily they had a spot available (I think because it is "off season" for tourism...otherwise reservations are very hard to get!). The tea consisted of several courses. They gave us finger sandwiches, lots of little
petit fours and of course, endless refills of tea! Here's the
Burj Al Arab...it's one of Dubai's icons:

The inside was unbelievable! My mom and I could not believe how gorgeous and over the top it was. I never imagined that something like this could exist! We had the tea on the 27
th floor but these pics are from the main foyer.



Looking up from the ground.

View of Dubai from the floor we were on:

Another view....the wave-like hotel is the
Jumeirah beach hotel (which we can just barely see from our apartment on a clear day). The long walk with the round building on it is a bar called 360 which I went to a few months ago...very fabulous as well!

Another pic from the inside the
Burj:

And a pic of me sitting down and enjoying our tea! That is sparkling juice in my glass...not champagne!
No comments:
Post a Comment