Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas in the Mansion

Last night my friend Liz and I went to Christmas in the Mansion. It's the annual event at my old high school, Lauralton Hall. (My high school was in an old mansion). They decorate the school up and always make it look really beautiful. It was funny to see what changed and what's remained the same. They obviously have poured a lot of moeny into the school. There is a new gymnasium and when I went there, we didn't even have one! I heard there is a new science wing too but we didn't see it. Somethings never change though...there is a sticker still on one of the doors that is still half ripped. LOL

It's been 10 years since I was last at LH! I hated it so much when I was going there that I vowed I would never return!! It took me 10 years to muster up the courage to go back to LH. In all actuality, it wasn't the school I hated, it was the fact that there were NO BOYS. What type of terrible parents would send their teenage daughter to a school with no boys?!?! I still have never forgiven them for making me go to that school and I probably never will....seriously, NO BOYS! LOL!! (No wonder I went to WPI!).

Anywho, Liz and I walked around, revisted some old classrooms and had a blast. It's funny how many memories started coming back to us! We had a great time and hopefully we will go next year if I am in town! Here are some pics from the night. Hope you enjoy looking at them!














No comments:

Post a Comment