Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

The Audacity of My Husband....

Two bones to pick...

So if anyone knows Aaron, they know he used to be a pretty thin guy. He started college at a buck 55 and proceeded to gain 50-60 pounds up until a few months ago. Within the past few months, he's lost about 20 pounds. He hasn't been exercising at all, it's just coming off. He does things now like gets a 6 inch (or 15 cm as it is called here) sub from subway with double meat instead of getting a foot long sub. He hasn't been able to drink as much beer because it's in limited supply.

Aaron has bragged about his weight gain, saying he did a lot of work (aka drinking) in college to put on that weight. He could seriously care less about how much he weighs. I, on the other hand, have always been careful about what I eat and a total gym rat. I worked hard to stay slim and toned!

Well now that I am preggo and have to gain weight, he decides that he is going to lose weight! It is the first time in the history of our relationship that he has lost some LB's! Who does that?! The average male is supposed to gain 17 pounds during his wife's pregnancy and my husband has completely defied the odds and lost about 17 pounds...oh the irony!

Here is my newly slimmed up husband. Notice the beer belly is greatly reduced.

Second thing...funny story:

The past few weeks I have had a terrible time sleeping. I'm just uncomfortable. I usually will wake up at 4am and just get up for a while because I am so achy! I am only supposed to sleep on my sides, however, whenever I lay on my right side I get massive heart burn so that leaves me with just the left. Well, my left side is sore from always laying on it!

I have a new system where I have a pillow on each side, one to support my back and one to help support my tummy. A few nights ago,Aaron and I went to bed, turned off the lights and he actually said to me, "Can you please move over a bit? You've been taken up a lot of room lately and I haven't been sleeping as well." There was dead silence for about 20 seconds and he slightly murmured "Uh Oh".

You know how sometimes you get so mad that you can't help but laugh? I just started laughing like crazy. Then I stopped and said, very slowly, "Are you f-ing kidding me dude? Do you know what I am going through every night?" He started to try to explain himself but I cut him off, told him not to bother, and just started laughing some more. The next day we had a good laugh about it and let's just say for the record, my 2 side pillows are still where I want them to be!

1 comment:

  1. I literally laughed out loud when I read your second story. Oh Aaron.....

    On the other hand, Congrats on the weight loss. Since beer is in such limited supply over there, and I'm sure you're going through withdrawals, I'll be sure to have 1-2 for you tonight :)

    ReplyDelete