Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Fishies and Sharks" at the Dubai Mall

Yesterday I went to the Dubai Mall with Suzanne and her daughter Fayth. We had lunch, did some shopping and check out the "fishies and sharks".

I bought this nursing pillow- it was the cheapest one I found! It was only 52AED which is about $14.25 whereas the other ones I have seen around have been in the $35-$125 price range! I really don't like the pattern at all but my mom said she will sew me a cute slipcover for it! We also happened to stop at Baby Gap and of course I ended up walking out with some cute clothes! They were both on sale, and it turned out to be cheaper than the baby gap USA website! I justified the onesie because she doesn't have any orange and the white hoodie was just too cute! In total I only spent $18.63. It was a bargain that I couldn't pass up!

When Aaron came home and I showed him, all he said to me was "Oh my god Lauren, more baby clothes?!" But he did think they were cute :)
Fayth and I are checking out the aquarium. She loves it here!! The aquarium is set up as a tunnel...you first walk in front of the giant plexi-glass wall of the aquarium before you loop around and go through the tunnel. You can also pay extra to go upstairs and check out the "underwater zoo". It's really cool up there! I went once by myself but Aaron has yet to go.
Oh, and I know I look like a total beast. I swear this baby better come soon! I cannot keep living as a BBW (big beautiful woman)...I cannot wait for the day where I can once again wear pants that do not have an elastic banded waist!


We went to Macaroni Grill for lunch. This is on the opposite side of the aquarium but they have installed a few windows where you can see the fish while you eat. It's pretty cool!
I love this picture of momma and baby!

Some of the many fish...




Yikes! This dude swam right above me....



A bunch of sharks. They hang out in a dark part of the tunnel...

I don't know what this was but he just suctioned himself to the top of the tunnel.


Ok and here is the million dollar question...what the heck is this?!?! I showed Aaron when I got home and he just shook his head at me and said "Of course you took a picture of it" Hehe...it was very wrinkly...that's all I could determine from it.

3 comments:

  1. The fish are super cool!
    I can't believe how cheap that nursing pillow was! I was looking at them and they are like $40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...you can buy just covers from target and stuff. I'm sure they will fit. They have cute pink flower ones and all sorts of fun ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know- the nursing pillow is one of 2 things I found out here that is cheaper than back home! I fell in love with this "shabby chic" nursing pillow at this other store that was over $100 and I want to have my mom make me a cover similar to it. I might have her go run to Target though to take a look at the other covers...thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete