(In the picture above, Baby Girlie Girl was playing with her lips...it kind of looks like she was sucking her thumb).
Funny story: We went to the Fetal Medicine Clinic for the ultrasound today and they called us into the room. We go into the room, they put the jelly on my stomach and the doctor uses the doppler to find the baby. There is a huge flat screen tv in front of us and we see the image of the baby instantly. Well, the baby's heels were together and I thought they were something else, so I scream out loud "Oh my god I see balls!!" The doctor, who was definitely a very proper man, looks at me and says "What?!" And so I tried to be more ladylike and I said "I think I see testicles". The doctor laughs at me and says "No Lauren, it's a girl"....Haha Oops!!! I look over at Aaron who is smiling like crazy and of course I started to cry.
As soon as we walked out of the clinic Aaron looks at me and said "Lauren- did you seriously scream "I see balls" in front of that doctor? That was so embarrassing I can't take you anywhere!" Haha oh well, apparently my ultrasound gender detection skills are not that great!!
Aaron took the entire day off from work because we had a doctor's appointment this morning with my OB, who said everything was looking great and then we had the ultrasound appointment this afternoon.
About a month ago, the Osh Kosh B'Gosh store in the Dubai Mall came out with the cutest little dress. I told Aaron that if we found out that the baby was a girl then we were going to stop by the store on our way home and buy it. Well every single time we've gone to the mall after I found that little dress, I made him go with me to look at it (and you know I drag him to the mall A LOT!). So today, of course, we went to the store afterwards and I picked up the little dress along with this other adorable pink overalls. I also saw some sparkly pink pants that I really liked and I'm sure I will pick them up soon. This baby is going to eat, sleep and breathe in pink, because Aaron and I already do!! Haha :)
Here's a picture of my baby bump today. The doctor changed my due date to August 7th from August 10th which puts me at 20 weeks and 2 days! My Mums and Bumps friends told me that I "popped"!






YIPEE!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Lauren! You're looking pregnant and sooo cute!
You made me laugh so hard when you said "I see balls"!
Gosh I miss you!
We TOO are so excited!!! Fayth can't wait to have a real "baby" to play with. She will be practicing her burping skills! I am just thrilled. I cried I laughed so hard when I read your email...Especially Aaron's comment as you left! Priceless. I'm sure they've heard worse!! As for PINK...you know us...same way...all THREE of us wear and LOVE pink! Now you need that purse for sure. I'm emailing my friend right away!!
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and Aaron. You look adorable...BTW!!! See ya on Thursday for coffee at 11:00.
Smiles and Happy Sleeping...I'm sure the last few nights have been tough...now you can rest and dream of booties and bonnets and bows and PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1