Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Downtown Burj Dubai

A new bridge recently opened that connects the Souk Al Bahar to the Dubai Mall. We walked by it yesterday on our way to California Pizza Kitchen (yep- they have that here!) and I thought it looked pretty. I've only been in the souk once and I've been meaning to go back but haven't yet. I think they have added a lot more shops and restaurants since I've been there last. The souk is located in The Palace hotel and is right next to the Address, which is a big hotspot in Dubai for bars and lounges!

Here are a couple pictures of the Address. It looks really pretty at night when they light it up!:The round area towards the bottom of the Address is actually a bar called the Calibar. Aaron has been there a few times and says it's really nice. I haven't been there yet but I can't wait to go!A few closer pics of the Calibar. You can see the Souk Al Bahar in the background a little bit (tannish colored buildings). The water is known as the "lake" (I think- could be wrong on that one) and it is going to have different water features (fountain shows) as well as boat rides.Better view of the souk in the background:Not the best picture because I took it far away but you can see the bridge that connects the souk (on the left) to the Dubai Mall (on the right). In the background is the Burj Dubai.Better view of the entrance to the Dubai Mall (and Aaron's arm!):

No comments:

Post a Comment