Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

YIKES!!

A few entries down I posted about the signs for appropriate dress that I saw in one of the malls. Well, if you have a minute or two, check out this article! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29723610/from/ET Apparently they are making new rules or laws that can be enforced about proper behavior in Dubai. This all stems from the British couple who had sex on the beach here last summer and were jailed.

Aaron and I actually already follow a lot of these rules but now they are talking about fining people or putting them in detention (whatever that means) if they are caught breaking any of the rules. As for now, wearing appropriate dress and not kissing or holding hands in public are suggestions but I guess they are looking to make that more of a law. The only one I will have trouble with is the swearing. I swear like a sailor and really need to watch it when I'm in public places. Yikes! The last thing I want to do is call Aaron and tell him he has to bail me out because I dropped an f-bomb at the mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment