Aaron heard a rumor that
Umm Al
Quwain, another emirate in the
UAE, had a liquor store that sold alcohol at a reasonable price with no tax. He went to one of the local liquor stores in Dubai the other day to find that a 24 pack of
Budweisers was $56 so he decided he wanted to check out this new place to see if it was as good as it sounded!!
The drive to Umm Al Quwain took us about an hour both ways and of course I brought my camera with me so I could upload pics to the blog! I couldn't take pictures in the liquor store (not that I tried, that would just be weird and I don't think it would have been ok since there were a lot of Muslim men in there buying alcohol!!!) but I took some good pics on our way to and from the store. The liquor store is located in this really shady looking resort. I have no idea who would ever want to stay there!
There are now 2 black dots on all my pictures...does anyone know what this could be???
We saw lots of desert:





Camels too!! :




(Notice in this picture above that the camel had it's two front legs tied. It could only take little steps. I felt really bad for it and wanted Aaron to get out of the car and cut the rope but he wouldn't. When we got home I googled it, and apparently it's called "hobbling a camel" and it's so the camel stays in the area and doesn't run away...it's also done if the camel needs a medical procedure to protect the human). I still wish Aaron had cut the rope so the camel could run around and be happy!


Two dudes on a motorcycle:

Abandoned airplane (random but it was at this shady little airport). This airplane was literally right next to the highway. Notice all the cars underneath it- we think the people who work there park their cars there for the shade:


We took a wrong turn but ended up seeing these two mosques:


We realized that we had really gone the wrong way when we saw water!:

We were really surprised to see peacocks on the median of a road right by our house. We have no idea what they were doing there!!! :
Black Dots??? Ha Ha Ha. Clean your lens.
ReplyDelete