Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Girls Night Out at 360º Bar

My friend Suzanne was nice enough to invite me out to the 360º bar in Dubai for a girls night out with a few of her friends! The 360º bar is rated as one of the top two hotspots in Dubai and I can definitely see why- it was very swanky and had a very cool atmosphere. This is not a place you want to go to if you are not looking your best!! I had a lot of fun but left a little early because it was very smokey. Between cigarettes and the shisha (basically a bong you can smoke flavored tobacco out of..also known as the hubbly bubbly!) I felt like I was inhaling a lot of smoke and wanted to leave because that is not good for the baby!! I really liked this bar though and I will definitely go back after I have my little one :)


The bar is located on this little "island" by the Burj Al Arab (hotel that looks like a sailboat) and the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I really want to come back here during the day...the area was fabulous!!
Here's a picture I found of the bar. It's the little circular thing at the end of the long walkway. We actually took a "buggy" aka golf cart to the bar from the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I would have never made it in my heels!!

This is the bar. We were on the roof top. To reserve 2 couches facing each other for the night was 5,000AED (Arabic Emirati Dirham- the currency here) which equals about $1,369.86! We were allowed to sit on the couches though until someone who bought the space came...needless to say we were never kicked out!This is a very crooked picture of the Burj Al Arab that I took. On the right side of the hotel (think the sail part) you can see a little purple thing sticking out. That's actually a helicopter pad! Tiger Woods hit golf balls off of it once. This is the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. It's also another gorgeous resort. I took this picture and I have to say that I am pretty proud of how it turned out (at least compared to the one I took above!). I think that 360 is considered to be a bar at this resort but you can tell by the distance how far we were away from it (which is why we really needed that buggy!!). Aaron and I can actually see the faintest outline of this resort from our apartment windows! :) It was really pretty at night too- they have all these blinking lights on it that make the hotel look like it sparkles!!!Here are a few pictures of me that Aaron took before I went out last night. Notice I lost my tan! I needed to give me skin a break from the self-tanner and since I'm a spf freak I was a total whitey! I am wearing my very cute hot pink pumps (first time I have worn heels in about a month- it's a balancing act when you are preggo!)And...of course, a butt shot! Hey I can be a hot soon-to-be-momma!!!Group shot of the ladies. I really hate the way I look in this picture but I wanted to include it anyways!

If you are wondering what the heck Aaron did while I was out- well two words: "March Madness!" Aaron went over to Jon's (Suzanne's husband- she's the one who is standing up behind everyone in the pic above by the way) and the two guys watched a few games and had a few drinks. Aaron and I actually both filled out the brackets and whoever wins gets to pick a season pass for a show from itunes...what an exciting life we lead! Haha!! Go UCONN!

No comments:

Post a Comment