Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

I am officially a....housewife??

So today Aaron and I tried to get my bloodwork done in order to finish setting up my visa (we couldn't get it completed though because the place we went to only accepted housemaids and then the two numbers the health center gave me to call for a different health center didn't work...typical Dubai!). In Dubai, you cannot reside here if you are HIV+, have Hepatitis B among a few other health problems. Anyways, I looked at my application form, and my profession is listed as "housewife"! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!! Aaron told me though that I am a very good housewife because every night he comes home to dinner on the table...wow I'm glad I am doing so much right now with my degree!

Today I had another Mums and Bumps group meeting and it was a lot of fun! It's nice to chit- chat with other pregnant women who are also living as expats in Dubai. I even met a woman who was only a few weeks more preggo than I am which is great because so many of the women are about to pop! I always learn something new and I am definitely starting to feel like part of the "group". Aaron is working from home today because we have maintenance men coming to fix a few things in our apartment. He was able to drop me off and pick me up from Ibn Battuta Mall, which is where Mums and Bumps was located this week. Ibn Battuta is sort of a strange mall. It's divided into 5 different countries/ parts of Asia and the designers really tried to totally "do up" the theme for each section of the mall. It sounds cool in theory but Aaron and I both feel that there is something kind of creepy about it! Next time I go there I will be sure to bring the camera and take lots of pictures so you can see what I am talking about!

A couple of people have asked me for pictures of the baby's room and here is what it looks like so far (pictures below). It's currently serving as the place where we just put stuff that we don't have space for or have no idea where to store. For example, the 10 suitcases I brought out here and Aaron's 2 suitcases (haha...are you really that surprised?) are stacked in baby's room. We also keep our drying rack there that we initially bought when we couldn't figure out how to turn on our dryer (and yes, Aaron is an engineer and I am technically one). The other "big" item in there is the iron and ironing board. Exciting stuff! The room is in desperate need of a makeover!!!
After we find out our baby's gender (hopefully on March 22nd at our ultrasound) I'll have a better idea of how to decorate it. Of course, as most of you know, I'm very girly so I think even if our baby is a boy, he is going to have the girliest boy's room ever! :) I'm going to wait to decorate the room though until my mom comes out (June 6-17th) and then I'm sure the two of us will go crazy buying stuff for it and setting it up! The baby's room is also going to be used as a guest room and we'll have a bed and maybe a couple of nightstands in there. I only have two pictures of the bedroom, but one of the walls is all closets (a total of 3). Luckily, we won't have to spend money on a bureau!

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh. TEN SUITCASES!!! I don't think I have enough stuff to fill 10 suitcases!

    ReplyDelete