Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Baby's Room...A Work in Progress

Aaron and I have begun the process of decorating and setting up the babies room...by "begun the process" I mean we have put her clothes in the closet and that's about it! We did go to the mall browsing for cribs this weekend and I was relieved to find cute ones that did not cost between $1000-$2000! Everything is so expensive here!

A store called Mamas and Papas, which is big in the UK, sells some really cute "girlie" white cribs for a reasonable price so I think we will go with one of those...otherwise we can get a super cheap one from Ikea that is not cute at all! Mamas and Papas also has really cute bedding, changing tables, etc. and I have a feeling that the majority of our stuff will come from them!
This is the crib:Here are pictures of her room now...hopefully in a month and a half I'll be able to post an "after" picture and it will look very different! We are planning on painting her room as well (take a wild guess at the color), but that won't happened until Aaron gets back from his trip to the States and Canada.

This is part of her closet. My mom is bring a huge suitcase full of baby clothes that we got as gifts back home so her closet will definitely be packed pretty soon! I bought the hangers from Home Goods back in the US. They are all purple fabric and the ones on the far left are a purple and white gingham pattern...so cute!
One of her closets...the closet on the other side is so packed full of stuff right now that I didn't even bother to take a picture of it!Looks like Aaron is behind on ironing the laundry ;) We use the room right now for our iron and drying rack and that will definitely have to change. The suitcases have to go as well. One of the suitcases are packed full of jeans that don't quite fit me at the moment!!
Aaron's golf clubs...Need I say more? I want to store those babies on the balcony outside but I have a feeling he won't be thrilled about that!Seriously?! This is the stuff I deal with on a daily basis...there is no rhyme or reason as to why his shoes are in this room and "organized" like this!This shoe has been like this for a few days now and there is no way I'm bending down and giving myself heartburn to pick it up for him and put it in his "pile".
So overall....we have a lot of work to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment