Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

We bought a car! (I think)

We have been getting ready to buy a car sometime and so finally today we went down to Al-Futtaim automall and put a deposit down on a car!
Aaron has had his heart set on buying a Jeep for years. He always talks about getting a Jeep. I personally wanted us to get the Tato-Nano, it's the cheapest car in the world, comes from India and costs about $2,000 USD and meets the standards of safety in India, but not the USA! It goes up to 65 mph. Here's a pic of it:

Well, Aaron wasn't sold on the idea so we ended up looking at Jeeps today. We test drove 3 cars. A 2007 white Jeep Cherokee:A 2008 black Jeep Cherokee:And just to mix things up a bit....a 2008 Honda CRV:After test driving (only Aaron could since I don't have a Dubai license yet, only an international drivers license) we decided that we were going to buy one of them.

And....we went with the 2008 black Jeep Cherokee. We both felt pretty gansta in the car, which was important to us. Hah! Actually, I liked the car because I felt safe in it. It's spacious and plus I think it had the nicest interior. Aaron just liked the car a lot in general.

So now we have to get all the paperwork in order, get stuff together with our bank, and hopefully we will be able to drive it off the lot next week! We are both excited because it is the first car either of us have ever bought. Woo hoo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment