The guys wanted 500 dirham up front (about 125$) and we certainly aren't going to pay it because it's not our apartment! I know if we paid it, we will never see that money back in our pockets. We called the landlord's nephew (who is our contact person since he lives in Abu Dhabi and the landlord lives in London) who said that he wants to see pictures first, etc...you get the idea! Apparently, they have some type of insurance plan to cover the costs of fixing stuff like this but the insurance plan doesn't cover the water damage? I don't know. I don't really care if it gets fixed or not, I just want to be able to hang our curtains back up because the afternoon glare in our windows is brutal!
So, just because I am an obnoxious blogger, I started to take pictures of what was going on when the 2 men were here. Aaron gave me "the look" but since when have I ever responded to that? :)
Here is Aaron calling our landlord's nephew when he found out that the men were not going to be working on our wall.

The hole in the wall that needs to be fixed (the wall is also super soft now too):
Aaron was stressed while he was waiting for a call back from the nephew. I told him to give me his best "stressed out" face for the camera but he wasn't exactly feelin it. So, I had to take a picture of him refusing to look at me. Keep in mind I am cracking up the entire time. If you look closely enough, there is a hint of a smile on his face, just because he thought I was being so ridiculous!
Here is the bathroom damage:
They started to sand it but then stopped halfway through when we told them we weren't going to pay!




No comments:
Post a Comment