We decided to go to the brand new TGI Fridays that is located on the top floor of the Dubai Mall and overlooks the Souk Al Bahar, Burj Dubai, The Address Hotel, and the lake which has the new water feature shows. Here are some pics I took from our table.I made Aaron pose for a pic and he wasn't too thrilled. This was as much of a "smile" as I could get out of him!
And a couple shots of me:
We noticed they had a whole camera crew up there with a photographer and were wondering what was going on. I turned around real quick and snapped a quick picture of all the commotion!
Well, it turned out they were shooting a new ad campaign for all the TGI Fridays in Dubai and they asked Aaron and I to be in the promotional pictures. The guy who approached us told us that we could have our whole meal for free if we agreed to be in the pics. Aaron and I both said "Yes we'll do it!" right away as soon as we heard the words "free food"! So they had us go to a table that was closer to the lights/camera set up and they took about 20ish pictures of us. This is the guy who we were posing with. He worked for the photography agency I think! ( I told him it was for my blog and he was like....huh?)
The whole purpose of the pictures were to show people eating while the water feature was playing (it plays every night for 3-5 times at every 15 minutes...I think). We posed and then they told us to eat the food in front of us. Well that was going to be a problem because look what was in front of me (For the record, I have not eaten red meat (to my knowledge) since July 1998 when I had a burger before a Spice Girls concert!) I ended up eating about one forkful of the mashed potatoes...they were pretty good!
The pictures they took of us showed up on their computer. I took a picture of that. You can see my pink shirt and Aaron's red shirt. Sorry about the quality but this is the best I have. I will definitely be scouting out all the local newspapers and magazines to see if I can find our ad anywhere!After our (free) meal, I took some more pictures from our view, since it was getting darker and darker.
It was a fun night and goes to show that you never know what to expect with Dubai!
Here are 3 youtube videos I took of the shows...I hope you enjoy them! :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZxbMmtqlk




No comments:
Post a Comment